We need him a lot 'cause we got 'em on the spot...

So, I'm sure you've all read about how DC is soon to bring back an old-time fan favorite from beyond the grave in a move that will surely please the few of us old fogies who actually remember reading his adventures as they happened as well as the bean crunchers who read the fanboy polls. Personally, I'm quite happy with his return and am really looking forward to all the monthly titles where he will be featured. Good job, DC. Works for me. In fact, I know a lot of us are really getting the gibblies just waiting for that first issue!

However, part of me kinda wishes they kept to their one-time word and the dead would remain dead. After all, it was one of the seminal deaths in all of comicdom .. I still remember getting chills when I read it for the first time, all those years ago. Man, whatta way to go out!

*Sigh*

Oh well. Glad he's back.

But let's all take a moment and reminisce, shall we? Took a bit of digging, but here's that amazing 1980s scene from the original Crisis:


Kinda chokes ya up, doesn't it?

(Aww.. C'mon! That one rocked!)
(Thanks, Siskoid, for saving me from doing the actual scan.)

4 comments:

SallyP said...

You magnificent bastard, you!

Sea-of-Green said...

Agreed! :-)

Hey, the best reason to bring back Barry Allen is so we can go back to having goofy teamup stories involving him and Hal Jordan! ;-)

Adam Barnett said...

yuck.... Barry was so dull. I think dead should mean dead - even when the death is as stupid as Ted Kord's.

Siskoid said...

Permanent/Temporary is about half and half in Crisis.

The Bug, of course, can never be destroyed permanently.